Tuesday 15 January 2019

I am alive and kicking, says MAPA



…….I have spent 41years abroad

…….No wife, no kid

……. I need a wife



For over 40years  Mr. B. Bodunde Akinrinbola  left his country home, Owo for abroad in search of the proverbial  greener pasture. Since then many people have not heard from him. Last week Taiwo Abiodun ran into him at African Palace Restaurant owned by Mr.Kofo Osun at St. Louis, Missouri,America;.

.

Decked in his winter dressing he appeared neat as he spoke impeccable English . He could speak his native  Owo dialect fluently notwithstanding the years he had left home yet he speaks impeccable  American  English  . He is in his 60s but his stature hid his age as he looked like if he were in his 50s. 
He was cheerful , full of life and of course bubbling .He told this reporter that life has not been fair to him at all. Now, he said he needs a wife to raise a family. He said in low toned   ''It is not funny. I am not joking , I mean it and I am dead serious''. The man popularly called MAPA  is serious and this is  real. 
 He means it. He is serious. He needs it . He needs a woman now in his life .He wants to raise a family .  He has wasted   years  struggling . Yes , he  has left his country  home for so

long a time . But he is not a prodigal son, resources  but that is his own fate,  he is not he like the Biblical for him life has not been funny at all. Now  he is better and has found his footing.

MAPA  looked   at  this reporter and could not believe his eyes , he quickly  ‘abandoned’ his friends  and screamed  ‘’Mr.  Journalist, Taiwo ,Bobo T, T Bobo!’’,  he continued calling this reporter on top of his voice to the surprise of all who came to the Restaurant. He was overjoyed , full of hope and bubbling but when he started his Odyssey  his face changed, his voice cracked   . His  said '' I  have no wife  and no child , I need a wife, I want to raise a family’’, he said.

Still in the euphoria  of joy he said  '' it its nice seeing you after many years . I have lost in touch of  you , I have faced hurdles in life , I have experienced the worst , my eyes have seen  but I thank God for my life , that is all I can say. When there is life there is hope’’, he said as he took everything in a Stoic way.



Reminded that he left home over 40years, he said ‘’ Yes it  is up to that , my brother the journey had  been rough.’’, he said as he started his story













''You know that I had scholarship from the  Ondo State government during the  late  Pa Michael Adekunle  Ajasin regime [1979] and I went to Russia to study. I spent   nine years in Russia and now spending 32years in America. I don’t have a wife or a child. Please I need a wife, I mean a responsible one . I am an American Citizen now   please I am looking for a wife, I don’t drink alcohol or smoke’’, he told this reporter.

As  he took picture with this reporter he picked his food he came to purchase from the  African Palace Restaurant and left , as he entered his car , the snow  flakes started dropping, yet he clutched his pack of food by his side , opened the door  , waved again to this reporter and drove off.










Many who know the man whose nickname is  MAPA at home said he is a very nice , gentle and an easy going man. Investigation revealed that  he had  left Nigeria in  the late 70s. He had a scholarship and went to Russia to study .However to find his feet was difficult for  him , Back home  many thought he may have joined the ‘’Saints’’ as they didn’t hear from him for decades while some thought he may have spiritual problem. But whatever the case may be  , here is the popular MAPA, he is alive and kicking, He is not dead.

Up to you ladies, girls, single mothers looking for a husband . MAPA needs a woman to give him a baby before he grows old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I want to see electricity before I die"

High Chief  Olorunsola Alfred Ajibuwa , 90, is a retired teacher.  He says his Community is surroun ded by enemies. He spoke with Taiwo Ab...