Friday 15 February 2019

INTERVIEW OF ELEREWE PART TWO

       THE RICH PALACE
  The new High Chief said before the demolition of the shops by the State government  , there  were about  50 shops  but now  there are about 40 . He said he has not been collecting rents from the shops and has been spending his own money to put things in place. His words''I don't want to talk about the rot I found here but let me have  time first and I believe everything will be alright''.
On the family issue  , he said he has successfully  brought  them together as one ,  he said '' this  place is free for  everybody to live, unlike in the past when  I and many other siblings  could not come into the palace  where I grew up  and where I  lived all my life. You can imagine.
''Today nobody is threatening anybody , you can see all our family members coming together the old and the young. In fact there is strong love, peace and unity in the family as everybody now come here .The Elerewe family meeting is waxing stronger , no qualms. Now we are more united and stronger than before. and I thank God for even using me to bring everybody under one umbrella'', he said  

There is a room in this courtyard specifically meant for weaving a distinctive  clothe called  yagba , the weaver  has to be killed after the completion of the clothe.It is only the Elerewe that wears the cloth. The weaver has a place given to him in the palace where he would be satisfied with everything  while weaving the clothe. If he is a male he would be given women ,drinks and whatever he desired in life  he demanded for .. He will be provided  everything ohe demanded for . But after weaving the clothe he or she is killed. But this is no longer the case as all these have stopped for many years ago . But it is only Elerewe that wears the clothe.''



mysterious chain 
there is this mysterious chain in this palace that  one needs to use if you are travelling you have to put the chains with your two hands on your head , then off you go!. The chain is still there where all relics are kept

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I want to see electricity before I die"

High Chief  Olorunsola Alfred Ajibuwa , 90, is a retired teacher.  He says his Community is surroun ded by enemies. He spoke with Taiwo Ab...