Wednesday 17 April 2019

Olowo of Owo is not dead , o waja ni o

                          
    OLOWO of OWO  IS NOT DEAD, O WAJA NI O
The Olowo of Owo Oba (Dr.) David Victor Folagbade Olateru -Olagbegi III ( CFR)  is not dead but  joined his ancestors last night . 
We don't say King is dead  in Yoruba Culture , but we  say Oba Waja. Oba is an institution and an institution does not die.
However, I am pained that my 'father' who used to call me ''My adopted son'' has joined his ancestors.May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace(AMEN).
We spoke always , infact our last conversation was fantastic.We spoke almost everyday   and with  Olori Ololade , his Queen three days ago .
His Royal Highness was born on June 26, 1941 in Owo Ondo State.
 Kai! Oba waja
Kabiyesi lo, eni ire lo 
Oju nro mi o Baba
Omije oju mi nsan tuuutuu
Kabiyesi! Kabiyesi!! Kabiyesi!!!
Oh my Gooooooodddddd.
O doju ala
O darinnako
Sunnre o Baba rere

No comments:

Post a Comment

"I want to see electricity before I die"

High Chief  Olorunsola Alfred Ajibuwa , 90, is a retired teacher.  He says his Community is surroun ded by enemies. He spoke with Taiwo Ab...